~ Birth is such an important time ~
When a women is cared for with respect during pregnancy, birth and early motherhood, it can have a lasting effect on her, her baby, her family and the community.
As you explore your various birth care choices, be aware that the environment can be a major factor contributing to your bodies ability to birth smoothly.
As you plan your Birth Care…
Aim to find and choose a provider
that is open to:
* Dim lighting
* Relaxation tracks and music
* Loving, patient care
* Sensual intimacy between couples
* Doula’s welcomed and valued
* Privacy and minimal intrusion
* Close, skilled observation of the mother (performed quietly and unobtrusively)
* Responding to symptoms of medical need calmly and compassionately.
A great quote:
“If I don’t KNOW my options,
Then I don’t have any”.